The surgery is open on a Saturday morning from 8am - 12 noon.
The service offered is for pre-booked appointments and also a limited amount of appointments which are bookable on the day.
Please note that once our availability is full if your condition is urgent you will be directed by the receptionist to the out of hours 111 service.
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.
JUST FOUND OUT YOUR PREGNANT?
Self Referral Service
As soon as you find out you are pregnant you have the option to book your maternity care directly with Lancashire Teaching Hospitals instead of seeing your GP. An on-line booking form and further information is available at https://www.lancsteachinghospitals.nhs.uk/pregnancy-self-referral
When you submit the form the booking team will arrange your first booking appointment and also notify your GP of your pregnancy. There is also a direct referral telephone line that women can use in office hours - 01772 524726
Are you eligible?
Were you are born on or after 1st September 1996, and have not yet had your 25th birthday?
If so, did you have your MenACWY vaccination at school? (You may need to ask your mum or us.)
If you have not had your MenACWY vaccination, please contact the surgery to make an appointment or to discuss with the nurse.
MenW is rising rapidly. Cases have been nearly doubling each year, so MenACWY vaccine was introduced in 2015.
- MenW is a particularly virulent strain. It causes severe disease in healthy young people and is harder to spot and more likely to kill than other strains.
- Vaccination with MenACWY also protects you against other strains. You'll also be protected against MenA, MenC and MenY meningitis and septicaemia.
- Getting vaccinated will help stop the spread of MenW. This means that other people are less likely to get MenW, including your friends and family.
- You are at greater risk of getting MenW. Teenagers and young adults have a higher risk than other age groups.
- Vaccination with MenACWY vaccine will protect you and stop the spread of this virulent strain.
For more information visit